Can prayer and theology mix? Isn’t theology for the smart people and prayer for the spiritual people? How wrong you are. Hi, my name is Terence and I’m your host for Reading and Readers, a podcast where I review Christian books for you. Today I review “Prayers for Knowing God” by Tony Evans. 190 pages,…Read More
I’m recording this 2 hours before I am supposed to publish. It’s been a busy week. Lots of deadlines, lots of work. My to-do list looks more like a wish list. Is it possible for busy busy Christians to have a vibrant prayer life? Or is that only for monks in monasteries of the past?…Read More
Prayers don’t have to be long. We can learn and grow from the short prayers of the saints. Hymns don’t have to be boring. Hymns can be timeless and enriching moments even for the youngest of Christians, dare I say, especially for the youngest of Christians. Hi, my name is Terence and I’m your host…Read More
We need to pray more; we need to give more careful thought to the content of our prayers; and we need to spend more time preparing our hearts and our tongues for prayer. It is with that in mind that I offer this book. That’s Pastor John MacArthur from the preface of his book, “A…Read More
Support Reading and Readers
Click to contribute one-off or be a member. Thanks for your support!
- Action Bible: God’s Redemptive Story by Sergio Cariello
- Ruth (Anchor Yale Bible Commentary | AYBC) by Edward F. Campbell Jr.
- Cur Deus Homo by Anselm of Canterbury
- Prayers for Knowing God by Tony Evans
- Everyday Theology: How to Read Cultural Texts and Interpret Trends ed. Kevin Vanhoozer, Charles Anderson, Michael Sleasman